Eye Talk + Review

By Ivy - 5/30/2016

We just got back from our trip to Arizona and I am so happy to finally get to post again, it has felt like way too long. Today I am excited to talk a little bit about a topic I have been doing a lot of research on lately- eyes!

Even though I am still fairly young, I have just recently started to notice more and more lines starting to form around my eyes, both right under them and on the sides in the crow-feet area. I know that lines and wrinkles are all a part of life and that everyone gets them at one time or another, but I still want to take care of my skin (especially my face) and prevent signs of aging as much as I can!
Yes, even if you are young it is important for you to take care of that skin! How you care for it now can really make a difference in the future. Today I would like to share a few of my favorite tips and tricks for protecting that soft skin around the eyes and do a little review of the newest eye product I love.




#1. Protect From the Sun
I know you have all heard it again and again, but skin is the largest organ and needs to be protected both for health reasons and for appearances. This is especially important for the skin around your eyes, as it is super duper sensitive and thin. I know it may sound crazy, but I wear sunscreen around my eyes every day. I usually put it on right before my foundation (which also usually has SPF in it, so there is extra coverage). I do it even if it is winter or when it doesn't seem like the sun will be coming out. Sun is the main cause of wrinkles near the eye area (besides age) and can do some serious damage whether or not you notice right away. Sunglasses also help with this! 

#2. Be Gentle
Because your eye skin is so different from the rest of your skin, it is important to treat it differently. DO NOT scrub it, do not pull it, do not do anything to stretch it. Because it is so thin and gentle, it doesn't build up much dirt so it doesn't need to be exfoliated like the rest of your face. When taking off makeup, it is especially important to be gentle because it can be easy to want to scrub the makeup off. I have always used simple Vaseline to remove my eye makeup because it is super effective and is so gentle and good for that eye area.

#3. Find a Good Product
The last tip I want to share is to find a good eye product to use. In a world where there are so many different skincare products screaming out to you, it can be really difficult to find a quality eye product that actually works. For me, I LOVE using the non-surgical Instant Eye-Lift from Dynamic. I have been using it for a few weeks now and have been super happy with the results.When looking for an eye product, try and find something like this stuff, because I am serious when I say that it works. It is in the cutest little tube and is so easy to apply! It's ingredients include: Purified Water (Aqua), Sodium Silicate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, CI 77489 (Iron Oxide, awesome for protecting against the sun), Phenoxyethanol, and Ethylhexylglycerin. You can do a little research on any of these ingredients and you'll see that they are all awesome for the eyes. To apply, all you have to do is put a teeny bit on your ring finger and apply right under the eyes. Don't rub (remember how sensitive this area is?) just dab it and then wait until it is dry to move your face around. The results are instant!




Happy Sunday!
xo

*big thanks to Dynamic for sponsoring this post!!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 sweet note{s}